Covid19 is not the problem, page-15

1. 2,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    Thanks for posting this thorburn, it is definitely something that needs watching here in Aus.
    Just Bali itself has been decimated so far as Tourism go's already on an economic level, but Indonesia as you already stated as a whole is such a mixed bag of religion, politics, culture and class with a not so great Country wide healthcare system and an all too ready Military Regime that is not
    adverse to stepping in when things get out of hand.

From what I have been reading, testing itself for Covid19 is very limited and is mainly concentrated in the Metro areas with Jakarta itself only being able to administer around 250 test's per day. There is already a very serious simmering religious divide in some areas of Indonesia that the Gov't has only just barely kept a lid on and even in general, political divides quite often become violent even with ample police and military on the streets.

270 million people, half the country lives on less than $95 US per month, many much much less than that.

I think think the Gov't was very slow to move on this Virus, they claimed for a month or more that they were free from Covid19 and even now the testing regime is a very poor effort. I can't see how Indonesia will cope when it comes to treatment for this epidemic once the numbers get rolling.

I also think that those on the front line, the medical providers will succumb to this virus in a very big way, they are already recycling PPE gear and it will only get worse as things progress. The death toll is likely to be horrendous in Indonesia and I fear for your friend.

Another thing to look for is the sorry fact that the CCP will take advantage of the economic turmoil this will bring to Indonesia and move to buy up strategic lands and Industry as the country suffers in all this, No doubt they will provide a Helping Hand all the while seeking to further their own Agenda as well by snapping up Port's and Harbours along with other strategic Business' and Land while the Country is going into recession as a result.

If the Gov't of Indonesia is unable to cope in all this then Australia will need to be prepared to see the same sort of refugee crisis we did after the Vietnam War, there will be boat loads of people trying to escape the turmoil as @Stanbutler mentions, just the religious divides themselves will see unimaginable carnage the likes we have not seen for decades if the Gov't unravels as a result. East Timor will look like a walk in the park. I Hope your Friend Stay's Safe thorburn.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.