ASX 0.87% $60.00 asx limited

coward share holders

1. 5,261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    I have been looking at some of the the bonus and shares boards have been giving themselves for performance measures that really amounts to nothing more that general infation.

I have seen some companies pay a boards more than 25% of total company profit over 8yrs, around 25million, when the cash positon of the company is around 100million.
    I have seen one director over 3 yrs drain 8million for ridding market conditions and nothing else.

I looked at voting forms and saw that only 25% to 30% of shares voted on these crazy bonus deals and the deals were so vague they would not have been understood by the market.

One such deal awarded a director 1 million shares or $1.7million over 3yrs if the company performed in line with asx top 200 over 3yrs. The company made a loss of 5million last year. The share price doesnt really reflect a company position.

I would add why should a md be given 1 million bonus shares anyway considering they receive 500k salary and 600k in bonus each year, this would not be tolerated in canada.

Share holders need to step up to the plate instead of being intimdated by directors who threaten to abandon the companies. The old story we could get money elsewhere becomes rubbish if there is nowhere else to go.
    It would see shareholders are afraid to put their hand up and say no more or too disinterested.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$60.00
Change
0.520(0.87%)
Mkt cap ! $11.62B
Open High Low Value Volume
$59.54 $60.22 $59.50 $25.46M 424.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 600 $59.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$60.00 2953 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.