CMY 0.00% 0.5¢ capital mining limited

"eventually" might be the key word.I think you have totally...

1. 1,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "eventually" might be the key word.

I think you have totally missed the point (just as you did when you directed me to the vacuous 6615568).

The issue with both Cowarra & Chakola is not the availability of water going INTO the process, it is the contamination of water COMING OUT of the process. (and where the toxic slurries and water will end up)

Treatment via Sodium Cyanide and other toxic material, whether on-site or nearby, might eventually end up in the Murrumbidgee and then the wider Murray Darling Basin. To me this is the deal-breaking key issue.

I assume this is why the Chakola DA has stalled and has required the 12-month extension. The DA was lodged well over 2 years ago; if CMY had been able to satisfy Cooma-Monaro Shire Council, and more importantly Dept of Primary Industries that there were no environmental issues, (and the treatment process was watertight, so to speak) the project would have been up and running yonks ago.

And don't lose sight of the fact that CMY soared to 34c when it upgraded Chakola from 88k ozs to 300k ozs way back in Apr 07 soon after CMY was listed. Distant memory now; project still not commenced, sp a tenth of that level.

Fortunately CMY has some other projects with great potential and new Chinese partners to fall back on. Chakola and Cowarra environmental issues may take a while to sort out yet......"eventually" might be longer than you think. (and the worst case scenario is neither project eventuates)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.