cox plate tomorrow...., page-39

1. 1,055 Posts.
    Nick Moraitis carried on like a good sort after might and powers win, (which I might add was a great horse) To me racing is about the horses, thats what i have taught my kids, you go to the track and the entertainment is on the track, nowhere else, you go there to witness great wins, and losses and have a bet, forget abt whats going on in the bars or anywhere else, in these group 1 races its about the jockey and the horse, forget abt anything else, because once the jockey is legged up, owner trainer punter are in the hands of these two, I love it. As for tomorrow, Im not having a bet in the race, I find it clouds my perspective, for a race like the cox plate, (which shouldnt be run on a shitty track like moonee valley) my tip for the cup is leica falcon, sure would be a great story, and now they have sacked williams for mcevoy, well I think they did the right thing. As for champion horses, Kingston Tpwn was phenomenal, Lonhro, Octagonal, Saintly - further back then that I dont think you can beat Phar Lap, Big strong horse, with a big heart and the weights he carried, I dont think they could carry now ( does have alot to do with the way they are breeding now) - my two bobs worth-cheers everyone

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.