CPL 0.00% 2.2¢ csl finance plc

All good questions but unfortunately the silence is deafening....

1. 1,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 210
    All good questions but unfortunately the silence is deafening. Amazing the course this asset has taken. Investors like myself will be really pissed off when it is taken over for a song some time in the future. The corporate reptiles, like politicians, go about their business with very little accountability. When CPL goes belly up they were merely pack the wagon and move off to surface in another guise and another venture. Some time ago I had shares in SBM. SMB at that time made application to to the ASX for approval for an acquisition without shareholder approval (normally required in this case). They went ahead and paid about twice what the going rate was for the shares in this company. That misadventure has been weighing on SBM ever since. Do I think the corporate reptiles made money on this acquisition? Is the Pope a catholic. If a used car salesman used the same glowing forecasts and glib presentations as the corporates do to sell shares they would not be allowed to get away with it. If I sound a little cynical it is because it will take me some time to get over the financial disappointment. I limp away with my tail between my legs as the corporates go on with their business lunches and expense accounts at shareholder expense. And best of all no accountability!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.