In my view CPU is probably worth a little under $2.00 based on...

1. 392 Posts.
    In my view CPU is probably worth a little under $2.00 based on current fundamentals although market sentiment could make it vary by +/- 50 cents.

Its PE ratio is finally under 20 which gets it back to an accpetable valuation. The concern is that a number of its bigger share registry customers are leaving CPU for cheaper alternatives. CPU have said that if necessary they will drop their prices to keep the customers but ultimately this is most likely to result in lower profitability and possibly a price war where sharholders will be the losers.

Be careful who you listen to on this site (including me). Like everywhere else the doomsayers are at their loudest about the time the market bottoms and vice versa.

I suggest you start watching the fundamental ratios and also get a charting program to help spot the support and resistance levels. Some of Darryl Guppy's books would help here.

God luck (and sometimes that is exactly what it is)

Also remember that the market is likely to trend down between now and Sept 11 while the world waits to see if there is some form of repeat of last year.
    --------

CPU - CSHARE FPO
    INVESTMENT AND FINANCIAL SERVICES > Miscellaneous Financial Services

Shares and Earnings
    Total Shares on Issue 554,446,613
    Market Capitalisation - Current $1,241,960,414
    Asset Backing
    (Net Tangible Assets) .04
    Earning Rate Per Share 0.1200
    PE Ratio - Current 18.6667
    Can be short sold Yes

Dividend
    Dividend Rate Per Share 0.03
    Current Dividend Amount $0.025
    Dividend Type Final
    Dividend Payable Date 26/09/2002
    Ex Dividend Date 06/09/2002
    Franked Percent 100.00 %

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.