Crab or lobster on pasta, page-9

1. 61,003 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    I planted some french shallots and garlic last month, garlic has all sprouted and looking fantastic

Huumm only one of the shallots have sprouted much to my disappointment. Not sure if I have planted to early, there is mixed advice on the internet and I followed the one that said to plant on the shortest day of the year, other suggest closer to spring. I have lifted some and see some have roots emerging so fingers crossed. I have about another dozen set which I will plant closer to spring and see how they go as a comparison. It's my first time so just learning.

Years ago a family freind who was a cray fisherman would bring us a potato sack full of these giant deep see crabs, claws the size of a fist. They are worth a fortune these day.

Blue swimmer crabs we get here have lovely sweet meat, bit fiddly to get the meat out of the smaller ones but very enjoyable.

Old Pedro was complaining to the dusty cousin in Carnarvon that having given her $5 for sex she gave him crabs, she replied "What do you expect for $5, crayfish?"

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.