Cracker article on the ABC, page-35

1. 6,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    once again, do we judge or value something, or indeed consume it, on the basis of ratings ?

by that standard, do you not consume anything unless it has a positive google review or would you rather make up your own mind ?

i know a stitch up when I hear it and I listen to everything from commercial radio to the national broadcaster and through to community radio ( best music )

the fact is after approx 1hr of commercial breakfast 'talk' once they have regurgitated the newspaper, roasted each other and conducted numerous prize giveaways, the content starts to get repeated, like i mean over and over again, it's a massive stitch up and if people are so braindead, listening to repeated content, inbetween music and advertising, ratings don't mean a thing.. ratings are for one thing only, to determine ad rates for space / time

if anything I would be more inclined to suggest that in Australia, where commercial media is a pretty incestuous industry and dominated by ex sportspeople, ratings could be argued to be more a function of 'least challenging' to the consensus.. hardly a determination of quality, relevance or innovation

but hey, if ex sportspeople roasting each other, repeated throughout the day, ad nauseum, is the recipe for ratings in Australian radio, maybe the ABC should get on board

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.