Get a load of this snippet from his Maiden Speech to Parliament...

1. 110 Posts.
    Get a load of this snippet from his Maiden Speech to Parliament after being elected. I wonder what he's going to teach his kids, probably "do as I say, not as I do"

started by saying that the language we use as politicians should be simple, straightforward and honest, easy to understand?childlike, one might say. That had me thinking about messages we teach our children as to what is good and bad, from an early age. A lot of these messages are based on our religious beliefs. I think it is worth having a look at some of those values and then comparing them to the former government?s values on the same issue. Value: ?Do unto others as you would have them do to you.? Former government: ?Don?t worry about what others might do to you. If you can, do it to them first.? Value: ?Make sure you share with the other kids.? Former government: ?Take as much as you can. Don?t share. Fairness is not part of the system.? Value: ?If you have done the wrong thing, say you are sorry.? Howard government?we know what their position is on ?sorry?, don?t we. Value: ?Play by the rules and accept the umpire?s decision.? Former government: ?If I don?t like the rules, I?ll get rid of the umpire.?

Chickpea.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.