no wont leave the day trading thread but day trading is going to...

1. 15,334 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 684
    no wont leave the day trading thread but day trading is going to become more of a hobby for me as opposed to income generation from shares

I am now migrating all day trading into a smaller account very little capital exposure im building it up from not much its all wiped now but i can start again

i sat on a plane once next to an 80 yr old man and asked to read his fin review - he had been investing for 60 years and told me the only way to make money from shares is to buy good stuff with dividends and hold - that conversation has sunk in

I have been having a bad feeling on specs for a while now -lucky i sold 50% of most positions (i.e. half the parcels) as it wasnt feeling right how lucky i got - the things i have bought of late are all down but not TOO badly (not great)

I agree to sit out for a bit - no point trying to fight or guess trends right now I am just interested in different perspectives on people who have been through this - I started trading in the depth of the GFC for fun so everything was cheap anyway so this is a bit new to me

Things will fix themselves up the ALWAYS do - I am going to see this as OPPORTUNITY to make some changes that I have been really wanting to make but not successfully executing :)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.