XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

crash part two, page-221

1. 293 Posts.
    Carpo25, the amount I trade depends what risk/reward ratio I perceive a trade to have and my degree of conviction towards the trade. No less than 4 Aussie contracts up to approx 30. I think the largest correlated position I’ve had in the market at one time (which was during the early stages of the recent correction) was $7mil. I mainly trade index futures these days, although I flutter in selected stocks now and again. My returns in the first 3 months of trading index futures were all over the place and disheartening on many occasions, but with determination you learn and become competent.

I think determination is very important in the early stages of ones education and development in the futures game, as many get disheartened and shaken out. I also strongly agree with hedgejob in the sense that trading success has a lot to do with your own psychology… if you think you’re a winner then you’ll win. What really helped me out initially was just taking profits whenever I could get them… helps build confidence while you learn… they eventually get bigger and bigger.

I like the indexes because you get a feel for dynamics and interaction of global markets. A fitting description of it is it’s like a 3 dimensional jigsaw puzzle with the pieces forever changing.

Capo, he mainly trades stock indexes and forex.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.