XJO 0.12% 7,980.4 s&p/asx 200

crash part two, page-35

1. 948 Posts.
    Hi HedgeJob,

Thanks for the response mate. Appreciate your comments. I am trying that strategy at the moment seeing that times are volatile and I have been caught out in exactly the same way.

But at the same time I can see moves that I am missing. Eg. ZFX. I shorted it yesterday, twice, for an overall slightly negative return. I had a feeling that the market was going to do what it has done overnight. Seeing that my confidence has been recently destroyed by the recent market action (and my own coincident F*ck ups) I close out of ZFX. But had I held I would be have a nice profit right now.

Last night I set 35 alerts for short buy points for today. They were all triggered on open because of everything gapped down and it has thrown my focus on them out because they are all way below my alert/start points and so are likely to come back up to at least close the gap. I am going to reassess them for possible entries later in the day.

I don't no if I can sustain this type of day trading when I get back to work (currently on holidays) coz it appears quite labour intensive. I love it in principle. If you can get it to take you stand to make heaps, but if you get psyched out like I have been lately, it can be hard going. Just last night I got psyched out of the FTSE. I set the buy point for 6171. I got on at 6169, but it moved against me straight away - and because that was happening to me over a dozen times for all my tiny practice trades, it physched me out. I tried to get in lower, but got phsyched out again. The rest is history coz I missed over 70 quid. At least I had the right buy point....still lots to learn.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.