crash what crash, page-42

1. 36,634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hi Falcon ,

I agree on the banking thing . I remember at the time when the US issue came up and politicians and Australian bankers were bagging the Americans. I recall thinking how hypocritical they were as they had been caught with their pants down , just no where near as bad. I have no doubt that some in the Australian banking industry would've behaved as some in the US did. Fortunately for us , it didn't get that far . Probably good luck more than good management .

My mates in small business have had a similar experience to you re employing young people . I don't really think it's an economy issue though , rather an education upbringing thing . But that discussion's probably best saved for another thread.

As to the property market , I reckon it's been going sideways for about 3 years ( not talking about the mining areas ) . Stuff is still selling but selling slowly .

That was the point of my post . Some people are throwing out one line posts " a property crash is about to happen !! " without substantiating their claims at all. My argument is that we're in a slower market which is part of the normal cycle .

I welcome all opinions as this is a discussion forum however if I want to read BS headlines , I'll just pick up one of the major newspapers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.