I understand what you mean, I’m thinking of my kids and the...

1. 28,392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    I understand what you mean, I’m thinking of my kids and the following generations as well.

Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that because I’m sceptical of the hype of imminent climate catastrophe that I don’t believe that the human race is effecting the climate.

For every action there is a reaction.

The goals suggested by those who believe that we are on the point of no return are still valid and worthwhile, we should be putting our energies into the transition away from finite energy sources for the health of the planet and future generations.

We don’t have the technology at this point in time to actually do it though, do we?
    There’s the rub!

The dream of renewable energy production capable of powering our societies is still a ways off, research and development is costly, we are still at the start of the journey, production of solar and wind power still relies on ff’s and its carbon footprint is still greater than the return from its energy production compared to just using fossil fuels.
    That doesn’t mean that we should just give up, we need to continue to strive for a replacement but disconnecting from fossil fuels before we have an adequate replacement will lead to social unrest/instability and that isn’t going to help the process.

The climate debate v Co2 is only a small part of the dangers to us and future generations if you think about it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.