As a fisherman I’m no expert on weather or climate just like...

1. 28,393 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    As a fisherman I’m no expert on weather or climate just like most farmers are not experts on these subjects either.

The complexities related to understanding weather and climate are astronomical and I don’t think even the best scientific minds have truely grasped the basics due to the enormity and complexity of understanding climate.

Fishermen just like farmers do however have to have an affinity with weather and climate conditions if they want to stay being farmers and fishermen.
    Those who come from multigenerational primary producer backgrounders have a great capacity to understand that the science is not as accurate as some may say.
    That doesn’t mean that they all disbelieve but they have a better understanding that not every weather event is a sign of the imminent collapse of climate as we know it.

Of course we all notice the weather but for most urban living people that means that they have to decide if they take an umbrella to work or not.

The less we understand things the greater the fear and as it’s human nature to believe bad stuff before anything positive I’m not surprised that many people believe in a fast approaching Armageddon.

If you’re correct, nothing we will do in the next 50 years will save us anyway but if we are in fact getting overexcited about this approaching climate disaster we may just shoot ourselves in the foot.

Decisions made in a panic are rarely good decisions, are they?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.