The “ not really do anything” is how you see it, I understand...

1. 28,429 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    The “ not really do anything” is how you see it, I understand but it is not what I’ve said.

The idea pushed by those who are frightened of humankind’s effects on the climate is to “fight” climate change, to a primary producer that is insanity.

In my line of work those who try and fight the weather/ climate conditions only get kicked in the backside.
    Those who excel in my line of work are those who use what is available in order to maximise their potential.

That is why I worry about about the calls to disconnect from ff’s before we have a renewable energy system capable of replacing our reliance on fossil fuels.

Our quickest approach to the holy grail of renewable technology requires stability and for the moment, renewable energy production is the weak link.
    Just like you, I want it to work, need it to work but in reality the effects of believing that can work and so we can disconnect from the old system will be counterproductive to reaching the goal of a functioning clean system.

That’s my view and I don’t understand how this could be considered a “do nothing” approach?

I would suggest that I have thought a bit further through the process than you give me credit for and hope that you to will consider all the potential ramifications of the simplistic idea that the renewables of today can provide our energy needs.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.