Nice analysis thanks Mike. Will be an interesting race, as...

1. 2,196 Posts.
    Nice analysis thanks Mike.

Will be an interesting race, as usual. Lots of good tips thrown out there and with good reasoning. I reckon you could make a case for 12 of the horses.

Being a VERY keen student of the Melbourne cup I will stick to my usual plan. It won't always work as rules are there to be broken. It surprises me at the age of the runners this year. Only 4 horses under 6, I don't recall ever seeing this before.

I can't go Admire Rakti with that weight, it needs to be a better horse than Maykbe Diva. Lucia Valentina is a better prospect but there is still a distance query. Who Shot Thebarman had excuses in the CC(mucous), Araldo-same sire as So You Think, has 2kgs on Junoob and Opinion(2nd in Sydney Cup to The Offer) from the Metrop, Signoff definately the improver of the field, imo, Mutual Regard the unknown but Oli on board.Protectionist only 9 starts and could be anything but feel was well held by Big Memory last 100m in Herbert Power who was subsequently flogged by Signoff in Lexus .Fawkner is a class horse but distance query.

So, my selections are:
    1. SIGNOFF
    2. Araldo
    3.Lucia Valentina
    4.Admire Rakti
    5.Who Shot Thebarman
    6.Mutual Regard
    7.Protectionist
    8.Fawkner
    9.Opinion
    10.Junoob
    Pop that in for first 10 in order, haha, had to leave some with a chance out, but thats the beauty of the Melbourbe cup!

Who's turn is it to enter the record books?

Good luck to all having a bet. Let it be a day to reminisce for many years to come

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.