LU7 6.67% 1.4¢ lithium universe limited

"Follow the Poker model" "Someone's gonna make a lot of money...

1. 253 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    "Follow the Poker model"
    "Someone's gonna make a lot of money out of eSports"

Second statement get the plums tingling but lets have a look at the Poker-similarity subject.

The recent change to the law that prevents online poker platforms from offering their service to Australians has been brought in to stop problem gamblers from loading up their accounts, hitting high stakes tables and losing a week of pay by playing like gigantic fish.

The argument that it's a skill-based game and online platforms provide the ability to play from home with a rake didn't cut it. I wouldn't be surprised if an argument for paying to play in computer game tournaments went the same way.

I think a membership fee where you can win prize money or currency like zsilver and stuff like that would be fine to get past the Australian law.
    It's letting people buy into an infinite amount of tournaments with a $ entry fee that would probably cause issues.

I've said this before and it sort of hurts me to say it as an Australian gamer, but... Australia isn't a big concern for me. Australia not allowing Mogul Arena to run paid access here will be a slight hit to potential revenue but I'm more interested in getting it rolled out to Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc.

The only other major SEA market for Mogul Arena that I can think of where this could be a problem would be Singapore as they don't let their citizens play online poker with similar laws to the Australian laws that came in in 2017.

I have a fair bit of faith that Singtel and Razer would be ready for that hurdle, if they have to jump it.
    Last edited by RoosterRX: 28/07/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LU7 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
-0.001(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $7.094M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.4¢ 1.4¢ $767 54.76K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 1918483 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 360000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LU7 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.