LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

Creating a presence...

1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 602
    I brought up the same idea 3 posts ago, about creating a presence in either China or India (where demand will be the strongest)... being seen in their backyard, continually knocking on the door till the persistence pays off. I believe this is a must for our company... there's no time to waste and the time is now! Have to leave no stone unturned and I'll be bringing this possibility up with GV.

I will say that we have been getting a lot of positive press in 2017 compared to our US rivals who have been rather quiet... whether through a live interview on CommSec or the Bloomberg report or our milestone announcements but then keep riding the momentum, strongly pushing ahead by taking our game to another level, another gear which is exactly this! Cheniere has given themselves an advantage which could make the difference in yielding a winning outcome sooner rather than later...

RPT-Cheniere Energy sets up China office to expand sales.

Reuters
    Aug. 15, 2017, 08:12 AM

By Chen Aizhu

BEIJING, Aug 15 (Reuters) - U.S. natural gas exporter Cheniere Energy Inc is setting up an office in Beijing to help it clinch long-term supply deals with Chinese buyers, four industry sources said.

Cheniere, which held extensive talks with China earlier this year, will be the first operator of a U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility to establish a presence in the country.

The move follows an agreement in May between the U.S and China to boost trade under the so-called 100-day trade talks that will allow Chinese buyers to purchase long-term supplies from the U.S. directly.

World LNG demand is expected to double to about 71 billion cubic feet per day (bcfd) (544 million tonnes a year) by 2040, up from around 32 bcfd in 2015, the U.S. Energy Department estimates, driven by the rapidly growing economies of Asia, particularly China and India.

Cheniere is currently the only company able to export large cargoes of LNG from the continental United States, giving it a leg up to ink long-term contracts with China. Five additional export terminals are expected to open by 2020.

Maggie Jia, senior marketing manager with Cheniere Asia who worked previously for Morgan Stanley and Japanese trading house Mitsui, will relocate from Singapore to head up the Beijing office, the sources with direct knowledge of the matter said.

Cheniere also recently hired Chris Li, who worked formerly with China National Offshore Oil Co (CNOOC) and with China's energy policy-setting agency, the National Energy Administration, the sources said.

A Cheniere spokesperson did not immediately comment.

"The idea of the China office came after the 100-day trade talks," said an industry veteran familiar with Cheniere's thinking. "Now the U.S. welcomes China to sign up long-term deals, while the Chinese Government is also encouraging companies to diversify supplies."
    Last edited by jkerr7999: 16/08/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.