AFJ 0.00% 91.5¢ affinity education group limited

Hopefully, they realise there is a problem and the current share...

1. 765 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64

Hopefully, they realise there is a problem and the current share price, is a clear indicator of unhappy shareholders.

Their occupancy levels, and those of the other large corporate, if the reporting on the government website is correct, are concerning. In my opinion, they are both buying centres with high occupancy levels, these occupancy levels inflate the occupancy level of the under performing centres already within the group and allow the reporting of such levels to remain steady. The problem is, in my opinion, the occupancy levels appear to be dropping and need to be addressed at centre level. On checking some of the centres, in both large corporates, there are a large number reporting vacancies everyday in every age group. That in turn indicates that they are unable to maintain those purchased occupancy levels.

Organic growth is a must in childcare. It's not the same as Woolworths, Qantas or Dairy Farmers, it's a highly emotional industry dealing with the development of young children and answering to their caring families. One size does not fit all, you cannot run a centre in Tamworth the same way you run a centre in Brisbane. A lot of ground work to be done.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AFJ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.