cricket small crowds, page-2

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    For the first time I have had little excitement for the upcoming series.

I think cricket needs an overhaul. I think people in general are tired of watching meaningless games that are only staged as a revenue generating opportunity. Why are we playing South Africa? What are we playing for? There certainly doesn't seem like any prestige in winning the trophy coz we will just move on to the next trophy in a few months.

i think it is time for world cricket to adopt other styles of competition. I don't think it would be silly to have a true comp where world teams play each other for competition points, ending the season with a semi and grand final series. If it is too difficult logistically to play everyone an equal number of times, copy the NFL and have divisions based on geographics. Have test, one day and t20 comps with points running parallel with each other to save money and for logistical purposes.

Without a fierce rivalry, we need a purpose. Have a full season comp. Yes, a logistical nightmare with summer differing on various continents, but something tadical needs to be done. The test series in SA attracted diobolical crowds.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.