cricket, page-119

1. 10,967 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    The same things that people are accusing the Aussies of are the same things that were labeled against the great West Indians who so dominated cricket for years. Was Viv Richards a great batsman, the best. Was he arrogant, petulant etc? absolutely. What about Ambrose? Unbelievable bowler. What about the incident between him and S Waugh in the Caribbean. That series and that confrontation to me epitomizes the changing of the guard in world cricket. It was that dogged bulldog approach which lifted the aussies. Now that we are on top its very hard to be gracious and humble about it. Because even when you try to be all that, there will be times when you will let your guard down. The press is having a motza of a time. What threatened to be a boring series after Melbourne has turned on its head and we will move to the next venue.

But what a finish to the game?!?!?

I remember the finish at Adelaide when Craig Mc Dermott edged it within sight of the finish line. "We waz robbed" I thought. The WEst Indians carried on a bit after that as well, and they deserved it. They were great.
    Our blokes carry on a bit, but they deserve it. They're great.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.