cricket, page-130

1. 4,327 Posts.
    Seals

Good points you make.

I think this team would find it hard against Windies at their best. Could they beat them? Perhaps take a test (like we used to do in Sydney...when the series was already lost)
    The guys in this team are suspect to great fast bowling (who isnt;) Ponting would prevail. Hussey might be a fighter.
    I honestly think the others would struggle. Definitely Clark/Symonds and Gilchrist would struggle no doubt. Hayden does too against pace.
    The great rear guard actions our tailenders do 'these days' would be negated by the Windies quartet.

Mozz18

You are spot on. When there is a changing of the guard tempers fray. We saw it with the Windies in the early 90's when Aus came close to beating them. The Windies had plenty of players well into their 30's and past their best. Their egos didnt like to think the Aussies could challenge them.

Thats sport the way I like it. A contest.

What we saw this test match reminded me 'a little' of those past matches.
    Yes Aus dominates. But India had no real practice matches at all leading up to the first test.
    Their bowling was ok. But injury robbed them of their best bowling team before a ball was bowled.
    Zaheer was a big loss last game.
    Indians did exactly the right thing playing 2 spinners. A bold move.

The Indian batting Fab 4 are as good as anyone going around.
    Their spinners are better than ours.
    But...they were still not good enough.

Jaffa and Yuvraj were out of their depth and really cost their team in the end.

Next test, if played. Drop them both bring in Sehwag and the allrounder (Rashid?)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.