cricket, page-176

1. 1,078 Posts.

1) Sledging has been part of the game for 100 years. India toughen up and stop crying.

we repeatedly cross the line and when we get a little back we go crying to mummy - e.g. McGrath / Sarwan incident

2) India suggesting Australia cant take it re:symonds case. Sledging is sledging but racism is and never should be tolerated.

fine line between racism and sledging, in the heat of the moment the players should work it out on the field, Ponting's precedent will hurt Australia, as the biggest sledgers in cricket

3) To suggest Singh should have his ban overturned as a 'monkey' is a god in INdia is tripe. Was Singh calling Symonds a god - i dont think so. What they did to Symonds over there a few months ago was nothing short of disgraceful

I agree Singh knew well what he was saying, he was provoked but no excuse

4) Clarkes catch was not legitmate - this is my only problem.

my problem is Clark mouthing "f off" and also not walking when edged to slip

5) You never walk as the bad and good decisions always even themselves out.

so in that case how do you excuse Ponting's bat throwing tantrum when wrongly given out, after he was out earlier in his innings?

6) India demanding Bucknor step down is a disgrace. Since when do they dictate to the ICC which umpries they can and can not use. This is a Pakistan/Darrell Hair sceanrio all over again.

Bucknor is past it, he should be sacked but not just because India wants it, but because it is the right decision

7) India did get the worst of the umpiring decisions but thats cricket. I dont hear them talking about when Donhi was caught at silly point off the glove by Ponting...

India need to toughen the F*#@ up in my opinion. Australia has done nothing wrong; Symonds has been racially slured, india are demanding Bucknor be dropped, that singh not get 3 games when found guilty by a panel, suspending a tour and cant handle a few words thrown at them. Grow up!

India needs to toughen up and Ponting needs to grow up.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.