Cricket

1. 7,961 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 684
    Geoffrey [Boycott] is the only fellow I've ever met who fell in love with himself at a young age and has remained faithful ever since" - Dennis Lillee

"The other advantage England have got when Phil Tufnell is bowling is that he isn't fielding" - Ian Chappell

"Being the manager of a touring team is rather like being in charge of a cemetery - lots of people underneath you, but no one listening" - Wes Hall

"Shane Warne's idea of a balanced diet is a cheeseburger in each hand" - Ian Healy

"I absolutely insist that all my boys are in bed before breakfast" - Colin Ingleby-Mackenzie Hampshire captain.

"The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey" - Brian Johnston as Peter Willey faces up to Michael Holding

"England have nothing to lose here, apart from this Test match" - David Lloyd

"No good hitting me there, mate, there's nothing to damage" - Derek Randall to Dennis Lillee after being hit on the head by a bouncer.

"I just want to get into the middle and get the right sort of runs" - Robin Smith, suffering from Diarrhoea on an England tour of India.

"I'm a big believer that the coach is something you travel in to get to and from the game" - Shane Warne with a dig at coach John Buchanan

"Hell, Gatt, move out of the way, I can't see the wickets" - Dennis Lillee after stopping in mid run-up to bowl to Mike Gatting

"Well, Andrew Strauss is certainly an optimist—he's come out wearing sunblock" - Australian commentator in the fifth test of the 5-0 series whitewash in 2006-07

"It couldn't have been Gatt. Anything he takes up to his room after nine o'clock , he eats" - Ian Botham on Mike Gatting involved with barmaid scandal

"I can't really say I'm batting badly. I'm not out there long enough to be batting badly" - Greg Chappell

"It's a catch he would have caught 99 times out of 1,000" - Henry Blofeld

"The hallmark of a great captain is the ability to win the toss." - Richie Benaud.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.