7.47pm: Mark Thompson on AFL 360 - "We just got locked away in a...

1. 33,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    7.47pm: Mark Thompson on AFL 360 -
    "We just got locked away in a room from 1 o'clock to 6 o'clock. I had my own room with my lawyers, the others had [rooms] and the lawyers and QCs were bouncing from room to room ... I think they were bouncing from Hirdy's room to Essendon's room the most but that's understandable.
    We've been negotiating all day. My [personal case] is nowhere near resolved. I'm not sure if the Essendon one will get done tonight or not.
    When I left, half an hour ago they were the same distance away that they were two hours ago, three hours ago.
    I am [ready] to plead guilty. I think we've all got responsibilities.
    I would say the fines and the punishments are quite severe. It's probably more severe than anything in history. We actually haven't been charged, no players have been charged ... I'm fighting for my reputation and my integrity and I want to clear my name."

On Hird:
    "He's defending his reputation too and he's been quite stoic. People generally understand that ... if he loses 12 months it would be disaster. I would think if the AFL locked him out for 12 months he would struggle to get back.
    It would be nice security if [the club] did re-sign him ... he's out to clear his name."

Would you coach in Hird's place if he got suspended?

"I haven't gone down that path yet, it hasn't been offered to me or talked about at the moment. James is the coach and we're going to do everything we can to get him off."
    JacquiReedAFL

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-26/afl-commission-meets

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.