Not if you evaluate and test without believing, without trying...

1. 5,288 Posts.
    Not if you evaluate and test without believing, without trying to alter what is there. The text has its own narrative, some folks take what the bible clearly says and means and try to turn the meaning into the very opposite of what it says. That is the problem.

I entirely agree with you in some respect, but as Christians or in the CC anyway, I know it's hard to believe from your point of view, but we can see from the early writings they knew what they were handed, a parcel, so to speak which contains the Christian faith, they knew very well what they had, and to hold to it, at the same time to pass it on to the next generation.

They used this deposit of faith to test all especially heresies, much of the teaching was clarified this way plus also from other external sources, I wont go into details but trust me, the CC has played as the devils advocate many times, unfortunately to some extend today it has become the devil itself, this is what the CC civil war is about, it's consequences are good thou as all is being exposed and there is great pressure to rectify it.

Where like JW, the governing body has full control of everything and its members are conditioned to believe everything they are told there is no way they will change or even see how they been mislead.

some folks take what the bible clearly says and means and try to turn the meaning into the very opposite of what it says. That is the problem.

I'm with you 100% here, there are many ways you can interpret the bible, first of all one has to know the condition each book was written in and what the author mean, you see the likes of MrG, this isn't taken into account, he will give you his version first of whatever, then plugs a bible verse out of nowhere completely out of contexts, then assumes legitimacy as it's what the bible is saying. it doesn't work like that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.