''Whilst you mentioned Hitler, he did not drop the atomic bombs,...

1. 86,716 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''Whilst you mentioned Hitler, he did not drop the atomic bombs, that was done by the victors and with a couple of bangs, the nuclear age arrived and like a virus, spread across the globe with no antidote.''

I think that Hitler would have used an atomic or similar weapon if he'd had one

I've no idea on which targets or how many - but, I'd be certain he would have hit something if he had the capability.

''Human history shows humans are masters of causing death by various horrific ways - nuclear is the latest fad but when released on mass after all the years of testings, it may just be the end of life as we know it - irrespective of who done what, where or when. ''

I agree fully - and I believe that we will have a nuclear war - when, not if

I believe that because it is very clearly our record that if we build a weapon - someone will use it

the precedent has already been set. There have been several near misses of attacks or retaliatory attacks for perceived attacks

so, in my view - it's only a matter of time before we either have a madman who does press the button or a false alarm which triggers a retaliatory major strike

whilst it may not end human life altogether - it sure will end life as we know it

It appears to me that we just are not designed to have come out of the early stone age. We weren't totally peaceful then either - but, we certainly changed greatly after moving to an agricultural society where large organised wars became a reality and have been ever since.

We evolved the technology, but we didn't evolve the character with it - ie. not to exist in harmony anyway.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.