SPX 10.0% 1.1¢ spenda limited

CRO chart, page-1096

1. 1,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    @Silent-Bubbles

Having never made an unsubstantiated claim regarding future SP (either incessant, or repetitive), I fail to fall into your categorisation of a down ramper.
    It logical follows that I thus fail to belong to any known “gaggle” (this includes the clearly defined and well-known “gaggle” of up rampers, or unicorn-chasers).
    However, I can’t resist a good maths question.
    So I’ll play.

“So your assignment is to understand the principles of ' Benford's Law of Anomalous Numbers ' . You can start by looking it up and studying it , but you will find that it is highly regarded and relevant to Markets and stock prices via its assertion's of the Probabilities of Distribution and volumes.”
    Done.
    Basically just a fancy way of presenting a log-normal distribution.

“The fact of the matter is there in all likelihood no denying the reversion or conformity of Benford's Law to the probabilities of distributed equity traded volumes”Correct.
    This is well known and documented.

“......and hence ultimately the price reflections of those volumes.”Incorrect.

Datasets comprised of numbers that are products of multiple, independent factors will tend to follow Benford’s law. The key factor here is “independent”.
    Data sets comprising such independent factors as daily volume, or even daily price changes of all stocks contained in an index will exhibit a tendency towards BL.
    However, it is well documented that daily closing stock prices of an individual stock do not.
    Studies have demonstrated that data sets that are influenced by human psychology or thought processes do not conform to BL. Because an individual day-to-day stock price is influenced by psychological factors, it is neither independent nor random.

Psychological influences of an individual stock price include such things as round-number price-barriers (well known) as well as previous day’s closing price.
    The influence of the previous days closing price is easily demonstrable by the simplicity of a the CRO stock price chart – daily (or weekly). Opening and closing prices are heavily psychologically influenced by the previous days price action, and thus comprise of a generally continuous and linked chain of price bars. This is also supported the relatively unusual occurrence of “price gaps”:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3041/3041549-abe685e8c8eb98765af2b41336851014.jpg

If stock prices of an individual stock (CRO) were independent and random enough to apply BL, then the price chart would look somewhat like this instead:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3041/3041555-abe685e8c8eb98765af2b41336851014.jpg

With this in mind, I will refer back to an earlier part of your question:

“Especially now that we have breached the ' First Digit ' 10 cents level on no less than 5 separate occasions from 27 separate trading sessions or 18.5% , and which began on 16th February whereby approximately 30% of the entire cumulative volumes traded at that time.”

I’m not 100% sure of exactly what you are trying to say in the above statement, and it took me a while to try and decipher?

But, since you are linking the individual stock price of CRO of 10 cents with the 30% probability of the first position=1 in a Benford distribution, and also that 30% of the entire volume traded at that time, you are inferring that 30% of the future closing prices should begin with a “1”, be between 10 and 20 cents?

I am also assuming the references to the fact this occurred 18.5% of the last 27 trading sessions (close to 17.6% probability of the first position=2 in a Benford distribution?) is another reference to a Benford distribution of some sort?

Either way, both references are statistically invalid, and incorrect.

As explained above, data sets containing daily closing prices of an individual stock are NOT eligible to follow BL.
    Likewise, 18.5% of 27 trading sessions closing with a price containing first-position of 1 is neither a fit of BL probabilities, nor a valid data set due to the reference of individual stock closing prices.

So I am questioning the whole point of your whole assignment, bar another opportunity for you to use partial knowledge to try and create the illusion of wisdom?

“…but I welcome you to actually compile the exact table which reflects Cirralto's volume Distribution as you so often keep mentioning is so Important in your view......”

CRO daily volumes taken over the last 4 years, as expected, closely resemble BL Law:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3041/3041559-3a71ff0156cfd14d1bad75ebb3296af4.jpg

I eagerly await my assignment mark.

Last edited by wrcmad: 27/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.