SPX 0.00% 0.7¢ spenda limited

CRO short term TA, page-357

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    And I reckon there is a ' fair ' chance that it may end up being Direction 2. from my previous post. Namely because I would think that some of the clues if not facts are revealed in the 4E ' Preliminary Final Report ' which was submitted on 31st August 2020.

In that report , CRO's own Auditor's ' Incompetent ' as they may be , have indicated under reference No. 10 that there were NO disputes or qualifications which were likely to occur.......what.png

10. Audit qualification or review
    This preliminary financial report is based on accounts which are in the process of being audited. No disputes orqualifications are likely to occur. As the company and its controlled entities are currently reliant on raising capital tocontinue as a going concern, an emphasis of matter paragraph, which is not a qualification, regarding going concern maybe included in the audit report.

So for those who are not familiar with the meaning of an ' Emphasis Matter Paragraph ' , it ranks after the ' Auditor's Opinion ' and before any ' Other Matter Paragraph ' included in the Auditor's Report, and is primarily used to draw user's attention to a matter which directly correlates to the financial statements.

It's use is driven by an Auditor's Judgement of the matter having significant enough importance to the fundamental understanding of the user's to the financial statements. So provided that the Auditor has obtained sufficient audit evidence , and the matter has not been materially misstated in the financial statements, they would then decide to include this additional information in a separate ' Emphasis Matter Paragraph ' following the Auditor's Opinion Paragraphs.

Normal expected circumstances where an Auditor will include an ' Emphasis Matter Paragraph ' are as follows :-

An uncertainty relating to the future outcome of exceptionallitigation or regulatory action.

Early application (where permitted) of a new accounting standard(for example, a new International Financial Reporting Standard) thathas a pervasive effect on the financial statements in advance of itseffective date.

A major catastrophe that has had, or continues to have, a significanteffect on the entity’s financial position.

There are also apparently other Accounting appendices which mandate the inclusion of ' Emphasis Matter Paragraphs ' , and which while not a substitute to ' other ' matters arising from ISA's can predominantly arise from these additional accounting standard requirements :-

ISA 210, “Agreeing the Terms of Audit Engagements” – paragraph 19(b)
    ISA 560, “Subsequent Events” – paragraphs 12(b) and 16
    ISA 570, “Going Concern” – paragraph 19
    ISA 800, “Special Considerations—Audits of Financial Statements Prepared inAccordance with Special Purpose Frameworks” – paragraph 14

So for me, and because the Auditor has already confirmed in Points 10(above) , and Point 9 ( below ) regarding compliance that there is NO real concerns , it may be a linkage between any TWO of the upper examples or circumstances together with the ' subsequent events ' reasonsings and in which ' The Matter' was both ' Live ' and ' Subsequent ' to that of the situation occurring ON and AFTER the balance date of June 30.

So one of the most likely would be the agreement to acquire Appstablishment in October 2020 in which it could be as simple as a paragraph which defines the importance and or qualifies the specific terms in relation to the forthcoming acquisition and the significant relevance to the Business or any ' Other ' business or legal dealings which may be associated with the Due Diligence of the Appstablishment acquisition as taken and viewed at the Balance Date of 30th June 2020, and irrespective of its occurrence subsequent to Balance Date.

It could also be that there may have been some other ' unmet ' legal issues which have either since arisen or been pre-existing, or even relating to the Convertible Loan note holders - however in this case , and as I have not sighted anything in their Half Yearly or previous years Final Accounts . Plus , I would have thought this scenario to be more unlikely given these issues would have had to come to the attention of the market sooner than what appears on the surface to be only miscommunication or oversight into the rules surrounding the ' Late ' submission of a Company's June 30 Final Annual Report and Financial Accounts. In other words we should have found out this sooner than now , and perhaps as early as the Meeting which was held on Friday 24th July 2020 to approve all issuance's and treatments of Loan Balances.

So I'm a little bit bemused and at a loss as to the ' potential ' severity of the application of an ' Emphasis Matter Paragraph ' verses say a full on ' Qualification ' which you don't want - But while ALL 3 categories including ' Other Matter's ' can have their own varying degrees of severity and repercussions on Management , there is an accepted understanding that the widespread use of ' Emphasis Matter Paragraphs ' can diminish the effectiveness of the Auditor's communications of such ' matters ' because it can imply that there is more information in the additional Paragraph than is perhaps presented or disclosed in the financial statements. And this is why the use of ' Emphasis Matter Paragraphs ' are limited and restricted or governed in their use to matters presented ONLY in the financial statements.

And these ' Emphasis Matters ' do NOT replace the Audit Opinions and / or qualifications. In fact they must Include in the paragraph a clear reference to the matter beingemphasized and to where relevant disclosures that fully describe thematter can be found in the financial statements , and they must Indicate that the auditor’s opinion is NOT modified in respect of thematter emphasized.

9. Compliance Statement - from 4E Prelimary Final Report
    This report has been prepared in accordance with AASB standards, other AASB authoritative pronouncements andinterpretations or other standards acceptable to the ASX.No other standards have been applied.This report and theaccounts upon which the report is based use the same accounting policies. This report gives a true and fair view of thematters disclosed.

An Interesting final point as well is that If the auditor expects to include an " Emphasis of Matter " or an Other Matterparagraph in the Auditor’s report, the Auditor shall communicate with thosecharged with governance regarding this expectation and the proposedwording of this paragraph.

No point in stressing to much as there is nothing any of us can do at the present moment . If on the other hand , this situation does not change , then we each have to consider our own approach to remedy and how we will move forward from here. In the meantime , to coin that silly slogan ...' We are ALL in this Together ' and therefore continue to support each other on the forum with this though clearly in mind. What we do after we relist is each and everyone's own decision and should be respected no matter what they decide given their own individual level of investment and risk exposure to this Company. If nothing else changes , I myself will have to reassess my Investment horizon and expectations with this Company. I might Buy more , I might Buy less , I might Sell more , I might Sell less - the Options , permutations , and combinations are literally endless depending on what price we are talking about and whether they're Heads or whether they're ' Pre-Paids ' .....or both. The fact is there will be something for everyone .....and that's o.k too. Let's just settle and see how it all plays out.

I wish everyone the very best. How could I not in this environment we are in with our Kids , our Partners , our Families. We're all the same , and we want all the same successes at the end of the day...... wink.png

For those who don't hold , I think it is highly disrespectful to try and gain advantage or opportunity from a situation where others are perhaps more vulnerable or new to the Investing World. And specifically to the other Guy who this morning posted the ' DeListing ' Comment - Perhaps you should practice what you have been preaching in many of your posts ......starting with this one below.

11/09/20
    12:58
    Post #: 47269500

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $30.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.7¢ $11.13K 1.555M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 16280211 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 4330331 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.