Now I'm sorry to interrupt the sporting frenzy chatter, and no,...

1. 1,673 Posts.
    Now I'm sorry to interrupt the sporting frenzy chatter, and no, I'm not talking about the coming clash of two little known footy teams!

Can someone, perhaps of the landed gentry, please tell me are there crows AND ravens in Australia?

Or only crows?? Stoned ones.

These huge black sleek shiny things coming down into our yard lately look like pretty big crows - and such glistening black coats. With a sort of evil eye look about them - funny eyes! Whatever they're eating, they look healthy. We found the other day that one of them had taken the head right off a dove -feathers everywhere - and we saw it greedily eating into the remains.

These babies look very menacing. Thought we may have another import - like those dratted Indian Miners.

We get no sparrows at all any more - haven't seen any
    for years - these little Indian monsters attack their nests and are wiping them out completely apparently.

Anyone read Bryce Courtenay's "Matthew Flinder's Cat"? Where our hero goes into the park with poison -laced bread, which he then feeds to these Indian Miner birds - because they're impacting so much on our native bird species. (Yes, I know sparrows are really Pommies!) But you know what I mean.
    Indian Minor - Miner - not sure how you spell it. But they're a real pest! And so boringly prevalent. Nothing to like about them.

Carlton, of course, changing the subject, will get Chris Judd. The cream always wants to stay at the top!

Judd, Fevola, and major draft picks - Blues will be unstoppable next year!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.