CXO 8.86% 8.6¢ core lithium ltd

Happy Xmas everyone.I had a look at it @seaemay and whilst I...

1. 247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1228
    Happy Xmas everyone.

I had a look at it @seaemay and whilst I understand his claims, my read of the landscape at the moment is different - it is worth noting that a contrarian by definition rejects popular opinion and seeks to think the opposite to the market. Given your background with CXO, I understand that you are likely posting from a place of attempting to share your view of upcoming market conditions and not from a place of downramping the company now that you have sold most of your holdings. That said, I am not sure I would place as much weight on the claims of a significant crash as you - I agree with @$man and think that 2021 will be a good year for the market but in particular for CXO and other lithium companies. I had a look through Dave Hunters twitter feed and I think he has an interesting posting history. Below is a snapshot - I have not covered all his posts but looked at enough to represent my point:

1. 12 December 2020: Interview with Crux investor reinforcing his claims of a stock market crash (80%) in the first few months of 2021 after a 'melt-up' in the S&P to 4500.
    2. 04 July 2020: Interview with wealth creation group reinforcing his claims of a stock market crash (80%) in 2020 after a 'melt up' to 4000 or 4100 in the S&P.
    3. 01 January 2020: predicted a final parabolic 'melt up' rally of the S&P to 4000 into a secular top after January (twitter post).
    4. 31 October 2019: predicted the S&P to 4000 in a final parabolic 'melt-up' (twitter post).
    5. 15 August 2019: predicts a global deflationary bust in 2020 & potentially an 80% peak to trough decline in the S&P but only after a final parabolic 'melt-up' of the S&P to 4000 (twitter post).
    6. 02 January 2019: predicts a melt-up in the S&P to 3500+ in the 1st half and a global deflationary bust and bear in the 2nd half 2019 with an 80% peak to trough decline (twitter post).
    7. 20 September 2018: predicts that a final parabolic leg has begun that should take the market to a secular top by the end of 2019. His target for the S&P was 3300 (twitter post).

Seems like there is a continual revision of the target for the S&P in the 'parabolic melt-up' as well as the date for the predicted crash. He is probably right that a crash (and inflation) are coming some day and I acknowledge that is possible that COVID-19 and the money printing and stimulus by world powers may have pushed it further down the road, but I'm not convinced he knows anymore than the rest of us......I think I might stick to my read of the market rather than old mates. There are some risks in the market, but there always are and I don't see a crash soon unless something wild happens like a vaccine doesn't work or worst still, it creates more deaths - this is unlikely however as most of them come from known medicines already.

Make up your own mind all, but CXO's immediate future is looking pretty bright to me.

Last edited by tacair: 25/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
0.007(8.86%)
Mkt cap ! $183.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.6¢ 7.9¢ $2.766M 33.86M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 8.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.6¢ 1102272 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.