Hi,I have neither the expertise nor desire to get into crypto...

1. 6,474 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 284
    Hi,
    I have neither the expertise nor desire to get into crypto currencies.
    But certainly interesting.
    So a question .
    I have bitcoin in my cold wallet , I plan to buy a villa on Lake Como [modest one , Eu29mill], the seller has no interest in Bitcoin.
    So , somehow I need to convert my bitcoin into fiat .
    If Binance has a run , how do I get my money.
    One presumes that if there is a run on Binance , the other exchanges are not going to be in great shape to take any slack.
    Selling it to a bank which normally buys it , or even peer to peer , hard to imagine as everybody runs around trying to work out what is going to happen.
    So , what is going to happen?
    I imagine a whole lot of people with ''cold lockers '' just hanging around waiting for whatever might happen , happening.

Now , as per recent events , owners of crypto dont have forever to sort this out , as people with hobnail boots and bailiffs are there pretty quickly, if they feel their assets are at risk.

As I look at various scenarios , all of the ''internal'' crypto solutions seem to fall over at that last '' convert to fiat'' step.
    I accept that it seems like that to me because there is something I am missing , I look forward to someone supplying me with that bit.
    [excuse the pun , it is a failing].
    cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.