Crypto Trading 2017, page-3

1. 7,746 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    Each week i will attempted to do a detailed post on a subject relating to Cryptocurrency.

Finding which coins are worth investing in:

The first thing i did was to get a few reliable sources of information list put together so  i could hear about what new companies are coming out  ICO ( ICO is like an IPO but also could be like an reverse take over ( RTO ) or an older company looking to raise funds to fund growth ).

These two Youtube posters seem to be on top of all new companies coming out

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI9POyyP-f93JHfkhr2ma2g/videos

Dan is ok, the man reason i use him is because he does a fair amount of research that puts into his videos, but i feel he lacks the vision to be one of the top follows. Still he is good & it's free so for a starting point on you're own research, it decent place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AmeerRosic/videos

Ameer is one the older Cryto guy's who is trusted & IMO is trustworthy on the information he put's up. But again lacks in vision & understanding of the actual tech.

There is also websites that these ICO's or coin companies post on with new information updates ect, you need to always be checking to see what is hot though ..

www.slack.com

www.bitcointalk.org

One of my starting points for FA or TA is checking https://coinmarketcap.com/ , it lists all the coins available and you narrow searches for most gain/lost , volume , see what exchanges is the coin trading on , a website link for that particular coin as well as their announcement page  ect. It is wealth of free information. Can be used for TA by looking at whats breaking out in the last hour or highest volume then looking at the chart on the exchange

For me, investing in coins works no different to me investing in the spec end of the stock market. The few things i ask my self when looking at a new company is the following:

1. What problem is the company trying to solve ?

I do this by looking in depth at the technology they have created then searching for other companies that are trying to the same thing, obviously the more people in the space, the harder it will be for a particular company to stand out, but also it gives me a chance to see what value/market cap  & gain have others experienced.

2. Who is the team behind the company & are they capable of running it ?

This is important part of the research.. No faces on the project = no money from me.

It's funny saying that because Bitcoin had no face to it's project but back when we where buying BTC for a few dollars to use on the darkweb to get some ayahuasca, it didn't really matter.. So whats changed ? Time.. BTC or Bitcoin has a cap of $50 billion, most bad story that is related to BTC is due to others being robbed, the one story of BTC network being hacked happened  in 2010 but the nodes where on to it & was quickly rectified resulting in no loss to anyone.

So you could follow a coin for a lengthy time period to see if the community takes to it but i much prefer having faces i can research on linked-in or general web pages. I like to see a a team of 5 or more with one or two seed capitalist involved, the way i see it is if they have money in it then they have skin in it.

3. Is there a road map of how the company is going to be run, what milestones are they looking to achieve & in what time frame are they looking to achieve those goals/milestones ?

ICO's put out these details in what's called a "White paper". It's detailed plan about the company & what they hope to achieve over time, when i don't understand something because it is to technical, i email the company & most always get a reply stright away. Some ICO's have their pool of money tied up in escrow and relied agreed amounts only when milestones are meet are. The community of backers/investors will vote on realising money to the company which is a nice why of trusting the investment.
    Last edited by mouse: 03/06/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.