I was in the Coindash hack (sent money to the hackers ETH...

1. 317 Posts.
    I was in the Coindash hack (sent money to the hackers ETH address as they took over the Coindash site) and they handled the situation like a bunch of pros (gave coins to those affected, created a loyalty program). Enigma did ok but were pretty slow to alerting the market and the reason they were hacked was because one of their admins had the same password for the slack, website and mailing list - pretty shoddy for some MIT guys. But I will prob still fork out some ETH into it as I like the project regardless of this mistake. Fortunately only 600k USD was stolen for Enigma unlike 8 million USD with Coindash.

I've discussed in depth with the Monetha team in their slack, about the voucher system. Basically they changed their dividend system to try to stay in line with the SEC (in the future). The SEC only released a report recently outlining their views and Monetha are trying to avoid being classified as a security by the SEC in the future when regulations come into the crypto space. They are also doing this to increase their chances for getting onto the bigger exchanges (Bittrex isn't too keen on listing a new coin if it could be deemed as a security).

Old system for Monetha was pretty much share profits with the dividend holders as a percentage of their profits. New system is to create a smart contract where Monetha token holders need to send in their tokens to in order to receive vouchers. So each month you need to send your Monetha tokens to Monetha - they give out the vouchers and return it back to the holders. The "vouchers" have to be used on the Monetha platform and you can get discounts or freebies through these vouchers and through using Monetha. If you don't use them, the vouchers expire after six (6) months. I'm a fan of the passive income option (normal dividend) - not having to transfer to a smart contract to redeem a voucher on a platform (Monetha) that I don't want to use (at least not immediately). We don't even know which merchants have signed and and how many have and will sign up (this will play a big part in the Monetha story). I even asked them why didn't they adopt a buyback and burn system with the profits gained and they said they feared this option would still classify them as a security by the SEC in the future (I disagree with them there). They viewed the voucher system as an opportunity for token holders to use the vouchers to be part of the network, building and using the Monetha network and thus helping it to grow.

Many on the Monetha slack don't read into the whitepaper and new updates or releases and are just investing in hype (a lot of crypto newbies just throwing money all over the shop). I probably will try to get into Monetha but it will probably be a flip or an attempt to freehold. I still think they can do well if they can scale but certainly not a fan of their new voucher system. The hype around Monetha probably will push it quite high but I'm basing my views on the practicality and use of this new system. I hope they surprise me and my concerns are wrong and the voucher systems works a charm - but that's my thoughts anyways.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.