PLS 2.04% $3.00 pilbara minerals limited

CS commence coverage on Lith and PLS., page-16

1. 588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 371
    Gday @Pokerface

I've been onboard the good ship for over 2 years , and in that time you have continually posted that a takeover of PLS is imminent . I called out in 2016/17 that it wasn't going to happen . So far I'm right and you've been wrong . When i say continually , probably monthly . That's a lot of wrong calls . Its now 2018 and I'll give you 10 reasons why it ain't happening , instead of your chinese whispers .

1 . Takeovers are rare on the ASX . With over 2000 ASX listed companies , takeovers rarely happen . Probably a handful per year , so a 500/1 chance a listed entity is taken over .

2 . We are too expensive . Simples . At our market of 1.5 billion . SQM paid peanuts for 50% of Kidman . Under 200mill , i recall . ( not sure on price ) . Thats a similar size resource .

3 . Our next door neighbour is for sale . Our bestie Mineral Resources have the for sale sign in the ground , right next door to us , at Wodgina . Similar resource . Who wants to buy the house next door for probably more that's not for sale . No one . I even doubt that MIN will get a sale .

4 . Optimum Nano are on the brink of collapse . The 4th largest battery maker in China have closed their doors and told the workers to have 6 months off . Easily the worst news in the lithium space in the past 2 years .

5 . We have 4 binding offtakes . How would a potential taker over deal with this conundrum . Too hard .

6 . Lithium is just a passing fad . Remember Rare Earths . Boom metals come and go . Is this another . Still not taken seriously by analysts . High risk still .

7 . Sector is in a slump . Albarmarle are down 50% from yearly highs . Chinese market down 20% this year ( bear territory ) . Trumpster trade war . Oversupply worries . It's not the time to splash cash .

8 . PLS is not proven . While Mt Lithos looks impressive at the moment , it's still a pile of crushed white rock . We may have a bucket full of concentrate in the shed now , but does the plant work and pump it out at nameplate consistently .

9. We've done the hard yards . ..ck off . After 4 years of toil . Thousands of drlll metres . Mining licences . Scraping together the cash to build , i can't see our BOD accepting an offer . Especially , Kenny B . He failed at Atlas . This is his redemption . We are ready to rake in the cash and go to Stage2 . It's our time .

10 . My gut instinct . Ok , I'm scraping the barrel on this one , but i had to get to ten . Every time i read about a takeover , my stomach churnes . Ain't happening . Looking forward to the first divvy . Sure , not for 4 more years . But , im a waitin .

Anyhow , time for bed . Some of us have to go to work tomorrow . Always enjoy reading your posts pokerface , but if we don't get an offer next week , how about taking a break on the takeover scenario . Hoping you don't put me on ignore .

Cheerio , gtc

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.00
Change
0.060(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $9.032B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.04 $3.08 $2.96 $72.45M 24.08M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 23223 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.00 132529 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.