LKO 0.00% $1.00 lakes blue energy nl

Thanks for that Junior. I was not aware of this third process...

1. 642 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Thanks for that Junior. I was not aware of this third process (UCG) see below, but it has nothing to do with LKO's activities in Gippsland.

Contamination concerns shut Cougar pilot undergound gas project (ABC Rural)
    Friday, 16/07/2010

The Queensland Government has shut down a trial of new energy-generating technology, after fears water has been contaminated.

Three companies have been told to review their trials of a process called 'underground coal gasification'.

Some local farmers are saying the move has vindicated their concerns.

Underground coal gasification (UCG) is a process, which converts coal into gas by burning or combusting it underground, with the gas then made into a fuel for power generation.

It's not to be confused with the coal seam gas, or CSG, but is more like the traditional way we convert coal to power, except that it's done underground and mostly with coal not economical to extract.

It was considered it could be a good alternative and have less of an environmental impact.

But the new trials have come to a grinding halt after the Department of Environment and Resource Management said traces of carcinogenic chemicals were found in water bores near Cougar's Kingaroy plant.

The project will be shut down while more tests are conducted, and the State Government has asked the two other companies, Linc Energy near Chinchilla and Carbon Energy near Dalby, to look at their operations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.