AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

csiro dice direct action plan

1. 4,289 Posts.
    The CSIRO have named DICE as one of two low emission fuel technologies in their response to the Inquiry into Direct Action.

www.aph.gov.au/DocumentStore.ashx?id=f40274c9-d0c0-4c68

Inquiry into the Government's Direct Action Plan

CSIRO Submission 13/490

The Government's Direct Action Plan

Environment and Communications References
    Committee

February 2014

"CSIRO welcomes the opportunity to contribute to the Government’s processes in relation to the Direct
    Action Plan."

"i. i. Whether the Direct Action Plan has the capacity to deliver greenhouse gas emissions reductions
    consistent with Australia’s fair share of the estimated global emissions budget that would constrain
    global warming to Australia’s agreed goal of less than 2 degrees
    CSIRO considers that there are many options for abatement that would enable Australia to reach its
    emissions target of 5% below 2000 levels by 2020. Whether Australia will or will not capture these
    abatement opportunities will depend on the detailed design of the program.
    Significant opportunities for abatement have been identified in the land, energy and resources sectors,
    using both technologies available now and technologies currently under development. A summary of some
    available abatement opportunities is below. The abatement opportunities highlighted are those which have
    been identified by CSIRO modelling and research as having the potential to make a significant difference for
    Australia and where CSIRO has an active research program and expertise."

"Low emissions fossil fuel technologies

? Deployment of enhanced coal bed methane (ECBM) technologies using either flue gas or pure CO2
    streams has the potential to provide low cost geological CO2 storage at scale while enhancing coal
    seam gas production.

? The direct injection carbon engine (DICE) has the potential to replace traditional coal generation
    technologies over time while up to halving the emissions compared to existing coal plants.

B Rubes

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.