BIT 1.41% 7.0¢ biotron limited

CSIRO working on Proteins to create a vaccine

1. 2,920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 369

A third death in Queensland overnight brings Australia's national toll of coronavirus-related deaths to 23 as the CSIRO begins to trial two potential COVID-19 vaccines in Geelong, where they are testing on ferrets before hopefully moving to human trials a few months later.

I cant find the link yet as its fresh news. However the CSIRO have stated one of these two potential vaccines are targeting the proteins in the disease.

Who is the expert in understanding the virus-encoded proteins? Biotron thats who!!

6/2/2020 ANNOUNCEMENT ASX

BIOTRON TO TEST ITS COMPOUNDS AGAINST CORONAVIRUS

Biotron’s core expertise lies in the design and development of drugs that target virus-encoded proteins known as
    viroporins. The company’s scientists were the first to identify and publish data showing that the E protein of the
    coronavirus
    is viroporin and a good target for antiviral drugs. While Biotron’s focus has been on its lead clinical
    HIV-1 eradication and its promising preclinical Hepatitis B virus (HBV) programs, the company has continued to
    progress earlier stage research on development of drugs to target respiratory infections including coronaviruses.

While people will argue that Biotron are looking for a cure and not vaccines etc., there is no reason why other entities such as the CSIRO, University of Queensland are not using Biotrons IP for a vaccine. And I believe because the CSIRO are working to target the COVID-19 proteins to fast track all of this, and they have, they surely have gone to the experts in this area and in this case Biotron, to use their tech. This is a NO BRAINER in my opinion. CSIRO have already done a years worth of work in a couple of months (mentioned in the ABC news broadcast today) since Feb.

What more insight or hints do people look for? Well some people only look at the facts, like lawyers I suppose. Taking into account also this is a forum and not a official site for facts on any subject, we are here to discuss the potential of any information we can find and not take the view something is black or white. If it doesnt say the words Biotron in the interview, then it can be put to one side. On the contrary, any research is good research. And history tells us a good investigator always keeps and open mind. Sometime the culprit is there right in front of you!!

If we can source more information and align other similar information maybe we can put them all together and then surely, when something is looking you in the face your common sense tells you, it is looking you in the face! Why wait for the inevitable. There is other world leading pharmaceutical companies working on this 24/7 and I am not delusional enough to believe Biotron's is going to be the winner in all of this, although I hope it is, anyone could come up with a cure which is the main thing in all of this craziness. We have an amazing record in world leading science in this country (Australia) and CSIRO is at the top of its game on any level globally. We are all effected in one way or another no matter who has more shares and who has the least shares. Who has more money or a bigger house or a more expensive car. Whos better looking or who has a nicer hairdo. What is most important is that we beat this disease, when we do and we will, we become better and more compassionate human beings. Be more tolerant of one another and be more understanding of the elderly who are most effected by this because when this its all over guys, we will all be old one day.

I wish you all happy days ahead......

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.41%)
Mkt cap ! $63.15M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.3¢ 7.0¢ $58.87K 832.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 444646 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.1¢ 40636 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 19/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.0¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.1¢ 7.1¢ 7.0¢ 212891
Last updated 14.05pm 19/04/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.