CSL 0.29% $297.66 csl limited

I agree that it always looks a bit expensive. Yes, there are...

1. 460 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    I agree that it always looks a bit expensive. Yes, there are different styles of investing/trading but trading takes a lot of time and knowledge and none of my offspring are interested to that degree. This means they would be more of a buy and hold style investor for a hypothetical $10k to start with to invest. They could check the price once a month or less, read company updates and annual reports but not excessively, and discuss it with their old man (maybe).

Ideally, they would want to see a bit of price increase over the first12 months to give them encouragement. I suspect many first time investors have "bad luck", take a loss and never invest again. I think investing in CSL will give someone like this encouragement to learn more because they think of it as a successful experience.

I could recommend say an ASX traded fund as that spreads risk, WGB and WMI by WAM (Geoff Wilson) for example but funds decline when the market goes into bear territory so now may not be a good time although both have declines a bit recently. Also EFTs don't give a new investor the sense of "picking" a stock. I would suggest an EFT if we were at the bottom of a big market decline, even Geoff Wilson is cautious and holding a fair amount of cash.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$297.66
Change
-0.870(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $143.8B
Open High Low Value Volume
$297.59 $298.49 $296.08 $171.9M 578.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 277 $297.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$297.67 169 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.