CSL 0.78% $293.00 csl limited

Yesterday the ASX closed at its lowest level for about 4 years....

1. 278 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    Yesterday the ASX closed at its lowest level for about 4 years. CSL closed at its lowest level for about 4 months.

Why is this?

Well possibly....

1. As a result of Covid19, CSL is about to see a significant in demand for its core revenue generating plasma-derived products, which may be used to traet and mitigate the secondary effects of Covid19 (e.g. sepsis,pneumonia, etc.).
    2. We are already seeing very promising trials treating people infected with Covid19 by using plasma from recovered patients. If these are successful, CSL's plasma collection centres are likely to be the principal source of such plasma in the United States.
    3. If and when a vaccine for Covid19 is produced, CSL's world-leading technology means it will be well placed to produce it, not only for Australia, but for many countries a round the world.
    4. CSL's partnership with UQ on their vaccine research also looks promising, and may also lead to a profitable outcome.

I find it strange that CSL hasn't (to my knowledge) provided any guidance to shareholders around the impact of Covid19 on its business. Possibly this is because, quite reasonably, CSL management feels that it wouldn't be a good look to position this human tragedy as a great opportunity to grow the business.

My opinions only - DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$293.00
Change
2.260(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $141.5B
Open High Low Value Volume
$294.00 $294.75 $290.82 $491.6M 1.702M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8192 $292.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$293.06 12368 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.