CSL 0.81% $307.80 csl limited

Impossible at this point to do more than guess as to how things...

1. 289 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    Impossible at this point to do more than guess as to how things will pan out, but given that we know that China's blood collection system has collapsed owing to the Coronavirus epidemic, and that Chinese stocks of fresh blood are close to zero (fresh blood has only a 40-day shelf life), it seems very likely that China's ability to manufacture plasma derived drugs (including e.g. intravenous immunoglobulin, used to fight infections), is also close to zero.

Since the Chinese players in the plasma space (Shanghai RAAS Blood Products, and Beijing Tiantan Biological Products) must be just about shut down at this point, and there's already a critical world shortage of plasma, I wouldn't at this point see much risk to CSL in terms of revenue ex-China, although perhaps some short term logistics-related delays and disruptions to getting product in and out of the country.

If China decides that it's got no choice but to open up its market to imports, I would see a very significant marketing opportunity for CSL, again limited mainly by supply constraints.

In any event, I see this as all being very positive for plasma pricing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$307.80
Change
2.460(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $148.7B
Open High Low Value Volume
$305.41 $308.69 $304.34 $158.2M 514.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13 $307.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$307.80 4197 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.