CSL 1.51% $306.60 csl limited

CSL possible pull back to low $200's, page-102

1. 1,995 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    I value your posts, but this one seems to apply to every share on the market. Not just CSL.

Also, CSL has historically maintained a fairly high PE, this is not new.

I still believe a lot of this is USD/AUD related. Just as the rise over the past few years was due to the AUD falling.

All in all, I reckon the market sees little change with CSL and the share price is in stasis until there is a new driver.
    Which while other shares are sky rocketing on high PEs, albeit with much less track record and ability to deliver, means funds are being shifted elsewhere.

All of this matters not to long term investors.
    For me, I cannot sell CSL.
    I would have to pay outrageous CGT and whatever I buy next would need to go up 22.5% just to break even.
    Then it needs to have potential to outperform CSL over the long term or else I would need to sell again and get back into CSL which would need to add a further 22.5% all to get me back to even.... I'm sure there are stocks that have and could do this. But that's not my investing strategy. Luckily for me I am also too overweight CSL already and don't even need to make a decision whether to buy more or not. But if they did get to 200 without a fundamental change to the business I would probably sell the house and go all in.

CSL is a proven performer but no share goes up in a straight line forever.
    Covid will pass and CSL collection centres will be better placed than they were pre-Covid.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.