CTM 5.56% 34.0¢ centaurus metals limited

I have been playing this game for a long time and I have had my...

1. 1,198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    I have been playing this game for a long time and I have had my share of big wins and losses with options, so I am confused by all the talk of the company "needing to increase the news flow so that we get the OCs over the line and converted..."
    The strike price is 18c. There is absolutely zero risk that the vast majority of these will be exercised no matter what happens in the coming weeks (only those who forget or are unaware of their need to exercise will not do so - surely a small number I hope)
    For the holders of OCs it is simply a decision of exercise or sell (or what mix of these). Sure, for those wanting to sell at the moment there is not an attractive market right now so it would only be for cashflow necessity (otherwise just exercise them and sell the heads after that if you don't want to commit that much to CTM right now)
    If CTM make a big announcement then the OCs will follow the heads in value (more or less) but I just don't get the "company must do something to save the options" argument that keeps popping up... what am I missing? Is it just people who are over-committed to the OCs (haven't got the cash to convert them all) wanting a pump to try and dump them before expiry? I'd like to sell some of mine too but I'm not going to get too greedy being up about 400% on these (no complaints!!). For those that bought OC's at the recent peak, it may be a different feeling altogether - I get that and I feel for you (options can be a dangerous game)
    Have I missed something?
    I am confident that there might be a late charge on the back of any of a number of possible announcements (although also I can see that heads might be sold to finance OC conversion so that might dampen any upcoming surge)
    GLTA - see you on the other side in a well-funded CTM

sasa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.0¢
Change
-0.020(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $168.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.5¢ 37.0¢ 34.0¢ $220.5K 614.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 23244 34.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 54116 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.