CTP 0.00% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

Brantley looking at the rainfall charts I highly doubt the...

1. 609 Posts.
    Brantley looking at the rainfall charts I highly doubt the rainfall would have caused a problem.

Given the silty/sand material out there up to 25mm odd of rain would have minimal impact on road construction. It may in fact assist in maintaining the roads optimum formation density for carrying multiple c.20 tonne loads as during mobilisation the road has to be continually watered and compacted to maintain the appropriate density and prevent the negative impacts of tyre deflection and pavement shear failure.

The rain would have also had positive effects on groundwater recharge so CTP may be able to regain a higher flow out of the shallower bore as I understand it declined previously. Infiltration out there I'd assume would be in the order of a very conservative 500mm per 24 hour period.

There will always be problematic areas of peaty soils but 9/10 thats easily rectified as the depth and area of peat would be minimal. Its a matter of excavating it, and infilling with compacted gravel or sand.

The main problems with rainfall out there is the concentrated flow, pavement scouring and also flood out areas but as suggested earlier the recent rain wasn't substantial enough to cause concern.

The wet season is between november and april which is when the more intense events happen. By then hopefully CTP has Blamore's less flood prone route approved by the CLC and an appropriate all weather, long term access road can then be constructed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.3¢ $52.12K 978.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 454057 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 46397 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.