CTP 7.69% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

ctp share price looking very firm, page-4

1. 4 Posts.
    Hi Karll,

My guess is there is plenty of portfolio rebalancing going on here. All Ords and S&P200 down by more than the average in Asia.

Buru not performing well despite good news

Senex not performing well despite good news

Central seems to be among the higher profit-bearing stocks of 2012, so im not surprised to see some selling. You'll see many buying back in on fundamentals, so a floor will be set somewhere. Anyone's guess where - I do not profess to be an oracle.

It certainly isn't a fundmental sell-off because fundamentally the company has never looked better. Some will point to a weak cash position, but given Surprise and its cash flow (to be confirmed by the EPT hopefully by year's end) will keep Central going.

We have been significantly de-risked by the Santos & Total deals, and can live off those free-carries. If the institutions do in fact exercise the $0.12 options, then we'll even have enough to drill another well at surprise. This wouldn't happen before the EPT comes through, so I assume Q1 next year.

All in all, it is a buying opportunity for those who are reading the fundamentals. Bearish sentiment in the market has provided this opportunity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.