CTP 0.00% 4.9¢ central petroleum limited

I don't see any reason why the board would be selling, they are...

1. 555 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    I don't see any reason why the board would be selling, they are likely to be privy to information that we are not and are likely to be banned from selling or buying at these times. The board will announce its future drilling plans on Tuesday, whether to come to fruition is still another matter, obviously we still need our partners to come to the party or we need to go it alone on Zevon. The board must realise (well I hope they do) that the share price can only go down further from further inaction and waiting on hesitant partners. I would assume any sensible board will have a plan of action. That would lift the share price, especially if it's a direction where we are not hobbled by our partners like Santos. It is when we start to drill that will lift the share price, so at these prices it is extremely cheap. So whether you buy for the short term or the long term I still see this as something that could produce a tidy profit on.

In the longer term, there is more talk about helium and hydrogen being the future, while natural gas is getting a bit on the nose for a lot of people, which makes me wonder what Santos is doing. They are big into gas so these markets in the longer term will shrink as government and climate control measures are introduced. I would expect Santos sees this as a threat to their business, so why are they not moving into the helium and hydrogen world, is it too soon for them, do they want to just pump as much gas out before they are forced to reduce this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $36.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $6.378K 131.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 239074 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 59455 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.