ALD 1.54% $33.00 ampol limited

CTX is collapsing fast, page-25

1. 16,674 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8124
    Very well sedd.

I think that part of the right of passage when it comes to investing in listed shares involves a stage of thinking that complexity of an investment idea is proportional to the potential returns on offer (or, at worst, high degree of complexity means that only a very few adept and devoted investors are able to avail themselves of the opportunity at hand).

When I was a lot younger (and had a lot more naive energy to burn) I used to spend a lot of time and effort in trying to unearth and decipher the most opaque business models with the most convoluted financial reporting.

At some stage of one's life one hopefully comes to the understanding of the concept of stress-adjusted investing. Many, I fear, never do.

It should not be lost on seasoned investors that the simpler an investment opportunity is to understand, the better it invariably turns out to be.

For sure, I far prefer to not have to spend hours watching screens with the angst caused by the never-ending and inexplicable twitching of the share price in random directions.

These days, rather than me doing the sweating about the daily mark-to-market of stock prices that so many investors clearly do, I far prefer my investments to do all the work for me.

How does the saying go? "Lethargy bordering on sloth....etc., etc."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$33.00
Change
0.500(1.54%)
Mkt cap ! $7.863B
Open High Low Value Volume
$32.00 $33.26 $31.99 $75.38M 2.290M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500 $32.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$33.04 289 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.