CU6 11.6% $3.65 clarity pharmaceuticals ltd

Not sure how your software came up with three announcements,...

1. 1,076 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1088
    Not sure how your software came up with three announcements, there was only one, but it was a doosy ...

I'm sure you do understand what was announced, but in case you're too busy charting, here's my layman's attempt to boil it down for you and then I'll leave it to the real superbrains to correct me:

"If you've had prostate cancer and had it cut out or treated, unfortunately it can still come back. If it does come back, like all cancer you want to find it fast and find all of it, because if you do, you have a better chance of working out what's the best way to treat it so you can get rid of it again. Cu6's product has three elements - something to find the tumour cells, something to contain the copper radioisotope so it doesn't poison the rest of you on its way to the tumour cell, and the copper-based radioisotope itself (the radiation gets picked up on scans). The trial tested CU6's product against the SOC.

One of the big advantages of copper (vs the radioisotopes used in the SOC products) is its longer half-life. So it is still emitting detectable radiation the day after administration (not just for a couple of hours). This gives the CU6 product longer to find all those tiny lesions that may turn into problematic tumours. It also makes the logistics of making the radioisotope, transporting it to the hospital and administering to the patient easier than those used in the current SOC.

In the trial, of the patients that the SOC came back saying "nothing here", the CU6 product found 80% of them actually did have lesions. So instead of being sent home with undetected cancer, their doctors can work on a treatment plan, vastly improving their prognosis.

The results were good enough to progress to a registrational trial.

This is CU6's diagnostic product using copper isotope 64 - the one that highlights cancer cells.

CU6 has a therapy product too. Its a different copper isotope (67). It gets contained and delivered in the same way, but emits different radiation. Instead of radiation that is to be picked up in scans, its radiation that kills the cancer cell. What makes today's announcement even better is that the accuracy of CU6s product in finding tumour cells will apply equally to the therapeutic product.

These guys don't muck around. The trial had 50 patients and from first patient dosed to today's results took less than two years.

There's 7 other trials progressing too. One's already in Phase III.

Its not too late ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CU6 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.65
Change
0.380(11.6%)
Mkt cap ! $1.134B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.30 $3.75 $3.29 $15.67M 4.533M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 6405 $3.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.65 13893 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.65
  Change
0.380 ( 11.9 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.29 $3.76 $3.29 345059
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
CU6 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.