CU6 12.1% $7.67 clarity pharmaceuticals ltd

“Well, Latu12 is an important one. So Advanced Cell currently is...

1. 115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    “Well, Latu12 is an important one. So Advanced Cell currently is a company in Australia that has been established to build generators for Latu12 production. And the beauty of that is that you can have an in-house generator and produce Latu12 on demand for your clinical needs.And its half-life is 10 hours versus Actinium, which is 10 days, which makes it more suitable for the type of therapies that we're doing. So there are a lot of tempting things about Latu12, I think.Could you give me a brief explainer as to why a half-life of 10 hours, which seems like a very short window for you to work with it, is better than a half-life of 10 days?Yeah. So with radionuclides, one of the major ways that we pick which radionuclide we're going to label with is the biological half-life of your drug. So if your biological half-life of your drug, if it remains in circulation for a few hours, and then is rapidly excreted and metabolized, then having a half-life of 10 days isn't going to help you. In fact , what is might do is lead to off target toxicity because as your drug is metabolised and broken down and excreated through different organs, you have long lived radioucleartide that might retain in different organs for a longer period of time."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CU6 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.